Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Break 2009

I hope this finds you enjoying a wonderful new year! Our Christmas break was fabulous. We were able to spend time with family and get some much needed rest. We started off the break visiting Brian's dad in Plano. Then we headed to Lubbock to see the Sutton clan and visit grandma. The biggest news of the break was probably the snow. I have never seen that amount of snow and it was beautiful. It wasn't very fun to get out in, but we managed to brave the snow to buy groceries. Ryleigh thought it was pretty cool. Here are a few pictures from our street.


Ryleigh and I spent a lot of time making cookies. She loves to cook, and she especially loves her apron that matches mommy's...thanks to my wonderful class at school!

Ryleigh also loved playing with her cousins Taylor, Jacob, and Connor. I took so many pictures of them together that I had to pick and choose which ones to post. When you don't see each other often...pictures are very important. Here are the girls playing with Ryleigh's kitchen.

The kids enjoyed making a gingerbread house together. I think this one turned out much better than my last gingerbread attempt. Practice makes perfect...or almost!

Here are more snow pictures. You can see from this picture how deep it was. You can see the bottom part of our fence and a footprint. I bet we got about 8 inches.


Ryleigh did venture out, but she pretty much just stood very still and took it all in. Maybe next year she will be ready for more snow adventures.

Christmas morning was wonderful at our house. Santa was able to find us and he spoiled all of the kids. Ryleigh got a vacuum, a shopping cart, and some books from Santa. She also had a full stocking. Once again, I had to pick and choose what pictures to post because there were so many.



The most exciting Santa present was probably the Schmitt's Rock Band Game! We all had a blast playing it. Ryleigh's two favorite things were singing in the microphone and playing the drums.


Snuggle time!!!

We also got to see Carson and Callie for a little while one night. Ryleigh just loves to play with them. She got to hold baby Callie, and now she talks about it all the time.


How Cute!!!
We went to Brownwood the week of New Year's to see my parents. We enjoyed doing absolutely nothing!!! We did watch football and make a trip to Copperas Coves to visit friends one afternoon. This next picture shows the results of leaving my baby alone with her Papa...aaaahhh!!!!! She loves her papa!!!!!!
Here she is sporting her new outfit from the Sutton's. They make sure my baby stays up to date with all the new fashions!!
And this is exactly how we all felt when we got back home. (Notice my daughter trying to hold several of her Christmas presents all at once!) Over all, we had a great Christmas break. I love having so much family time. We are looking forward to a great new year and watching our baby grow up.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

My smile is HUGE! I just read your blog. Precious memories! Love you!