Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life is Great!

I know I am not one to normally just write without posting pictures, but I had some free time and I wanted to catch you up on what is going on in my life.

First, as many of you know our little girl is growing up. She is all I usually post about because she is doing something new everyday. She is the joy of my life and I am so proud to be her mommy. Ryleigh will be 8 months old next Thursday, and she is one busy baby. For those of you that don't know, Ryleigh is officially crawling. She is everywhere. She follows me around the house and finds lots of fun things to get into. She is jabbering more everyday, and I am pretty sure she has said "daddy" a few times. Her favorite things are playing with KC, reading books, taking baths, and pulling up on the coffee table. She is a bundle of energy. She may be one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. She laughs all the time, and it takes something major to make her cry. She is learning to play with other babies, which is very fun to watch. She also has her very first tooth, and I must say it makes her little smile even more adorable.

I am amazed everyday at the blessing she is in my life. There are many times when I feel overwhelmed at the love I feel for her. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank the Lord for bringing her into my life. I can't describe in words the joy that I feel in being her mother. Most days I don't even want to go to work so I can just stay home and play with her. When she cuddles with me, I could just hold her forever. Now she is giving kisses, and it melts my heart when she grabs my face and pulls me in a for a giant wet kiss. God is Good!

Second...my husband...the most wonderful man in the whole world. Just when I think I can't love anyone as much as my daughter, he shows me everyday that I love him the most. He is truly the greatest husband! I love him more everyday. I remember hearing that before I was married and not believing it could be true. But it is! I love him more with every second that passes. We have almost been married 2.5 years and it has been the fastest/slowest years of my life. It has been the fastest because it feels like so much has happened in such a short time. And it feels like the slowest because we are so close that it feels as if we have known each other for years. He makes me a better person everytime I am with him. I love the way we can read each others thoughts. I love how much fun we have together just doing the ordinary things in life...like driving in the car. I love that he tells me he loves me everyday. I love going with him to different places and feeling like the luckiest woman in the world to have him as my husband. But I must say, that the past 8 months have made me love him more. Watching him with Ryleigh is the absolute best thing in my life. I have never seen such a good daddy. He will do anything for that little girl. He is truly a "proud daddy!" I know that as Ryleigh grows up they will share so many precious moments, and she will be a great little girl because of her dad!

Third...jobs!!! I know it is strange to talk about my job, but with the economy like it is, I have learned to not take my job for granted. I have know several people who have lost their jobs unexpectedly, and it is so wonderful to have that blessing in my life. Teaching is still one of my favorite things. If it wasn't, it would be hard for me to go everyday with my baby at home. I work with a wonderful group of women who build me up everyday. I love my class this year. They are sweet, smart, and fun. Ryleigh gets to come up after school and stay with me until I go home because I work for the most understanding and awesome principal. I love my job. Brian's job is going awesome. His team is in the playoffs, and that is always exciting. He is getting ready for the next wave of sports to begin, and I think he is excited about it. (I know I am...basketball...yeah!) Yes, life in the athletic training world is busy, but we love it. We make the most of every night he has off, and I try to attend as many of the games as possible so we can see him more often. We are very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas for a much needed break.

Finally....family! We are so blessed to have the family that we do. They are all doing well. We will be spending Thanksgiving with my family in Brownwood, and then we will head to Missouri for Christmas. My parents are doing great, and my sister is getting married in about 1.5 months. AAAHHH!! My baby sister is getting married! I am still not quite used to the thought of that, but I am excited about it. Everyone is happy and healthy. We love our family and we cherish every moment we get to spend with them. We love you all!

So, that is my long post to let you know what is going on in my life right now. Maybe I will do this more often. But don't worry....grandparents....I will keep the pictures coming!!!!!

No comments: