Friday, March 12, 2010

Sick Baby!

About two weeks ago we had our first scary moment with Ryleigh. I picked her up from her sitter and I immediately noticed she was having trouble breathing. It was a Friday afternoon at 4:40, but I didn't want to risk her getting worse over the weekend so I went ahead and called my new pediatrician. He was wonderful. His nurse called me back in 5 min. and we were at the doctor's office by 4:55. We went straight in. He agreed that she was struggling too much to breathe, but he didn't think it was bad enough to go to the hospital. So, he gave Ryleigh a breathing treatment and sent us home with a breathing machine to use for the weekend. She was doing much better by Sunday. I am so thankful for my new doctor. He was wonderful...especially for a Friday afternoon. As you can see from the pictures, Ryleigh did very well with the treatments. She just wanted to sit in our laps and for us to sing to her while she finished the 5 min. It scared me, but she handled it all very well. I am thankful she was ok. Hopefully, this will not happen again, but if it does...we have a very expensive breathing machine at the house to use! :)



No comments: